Monday, April 2, 2012

Get Inspired: Minimalist Childhood


I have loved a lot of things about my own childhood. And until now, I couldn't even shake the sweetest feeling of touching a Lego brick. It brings back a lot of memories, even to this day. I could still remember fussing about making a face or head when one wasn't available in the set. So when desperation sinks in, I'd use an expressionless yellow brick - but it wouldn't feel the same.

Now that I have matured a little bit and opened my eyes to minimalism, I could now appreciate even the slightest of things. Hence, my first "Get Inspired" Post.

Seeing your beloved characters in just lines and stripes have that nostalgic effect doesn't it? The nostalgia is further strengthened by the color and vastness of the background and the small shadowing, giving that strange feeling of "I've been here before". As said from the source, this collection of photos, properly called Imagine,  were from "German ad agency Jung von Matt created for Danish toy brick makers, LEGO." Even I couldn't believe they were Danish!


The lack of curved lines and just colored bricks on top of each other make you even wonder how on earth people still distinguish such characters. I guess our minds get so wrapped up and accustomed to these "people" that we treat them as a part of our lives, most importantly our childhood.


Source: ManMadeDIY

0 comments:

Post a Comment